Monday, January 19, 2009

"Piggy Bank" for Scrappin' Stuff

Well as I posted recently, I am trying to be more careful with what I spend on scrappin' stuff and am working on using up what is in my stash. I created this jar to put spare change in so that I can save up for new supplies. I figure I might be more careful about my spending if I have to make more of an effort to save the cash and not rely on the credit card. After emptying a jar of peanut butter (no it wasn't the brand that was recalled), I got to thinking the jar might be useful for something. So I decided to create a "piggy bank" and went to town decorating it. I used some CTMH Cocoa Cafe paper, Ms. On The Go stamp set, Prima Flowers, and sparkles from Michael's. I colored my stamped image in with Prisma Color Markers and Bic Markit! Markers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Great idea...Your bank came out great!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very sweet!!! Love your coloring, and the stamped image you used on this!!!!
Found you on SCS blogging forum!! :)
Cheryl

Heidi said...

of course, you will definately want to put money in here. I joined a Stamp to Spend program where you get to allot yourself money for making cards/LO/alterables and I am hoping that will help me to be more money thrift. Good luck

craftypixie said...

Fab idea, i really should do something like this to put my card making funds into
Wendy xx

Jackie said...

This is cute and love your coloring! great idea!!!

CREATE=FUN said...

cute!
love the title of your blog ;)

Susan said...

What a terric idea. Your jar is great.

Gina said...

What a great idea, your jar is very cute!

2tontansy said...

I love the idea of your bank. I've been going through my scrapping stuff, and found a lot of things I just had to have, because I was told it was the must have tool at the time. Well 4 eyelet setters later I need to get rid of some, so I've enlisted ebay. Now I can take my cash I make on there transfer it and withdraw it so I can see the results, and save for more toys, aka supplies. I'm also going to start doing your use it up challenges, since I am notorious for collecting and hoarding items, like 6 Heart of Winter paper packets I have acquired over the years... Thanks for getting me off my butt and using it up.