Friday, January 9, 2009

***Use It Up Challenge*** for January

So with the new year and working hard towards our goal of getting out of debt, I am on a scrapbooking supplies "diet". This really had me quite bummed out and depressed because a new Idea Book just debuted. *SIGH* BUT...then I took a good look around at my messy scraproom and realized just how many supplies I already have. Not to mention, tools, gadgets, embellishments, etc. I joined Close to My Heart in March of 2006, and am amazed at just how many supplies I have "collected" rather than used. LOL Soooo I decided to challenge myself and see who else I could get to join me. The first paper pack I received in my kit when I joined was Discovery. This is a lovely kit, but not my favorite. It has been a real challenge to work with for me. So I sat down to see what I could do with it. I had about 1/3 of a paper pack and four sheets of half used My Stickease left. I still managed to create 3 complete 2 page layouts and 3 cards with what was left.

So here's the challenge: If you are a CTMH consultant (or avid shopper of CTMH), find a paper pack from the Spring 2006 Idea Book and see what you can make. Layouts, cards, mini-albums, altered items, etc. The goal is to have the entire pack used up...no more hoarding!!! and to get pictures AND journaling on the layouts/mini-albums.

If you do not have anything CTMH, choose a paper pack or papers from your stash - who cares what company. Something you bought meaning to use but have let gather dust - and USE IT UP! I will take note of everyone who participates, and at the end of the month randomly draw a name for a small prize. Please post a link to your artwork in the comments section. Here are my contributions so far for the month. Happy Scrapping Y'all!!!

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

blog size

4 comments:

Trinka said...

beautiful artwork~

Denise said...

Love the dragon fly and butter fly layout.

Cindy said...

I love what you have created. I don't have any paper from Spring 2006, but I do have stamps and embellishments. The challenge is a wonderful idea and I will see what I can put together!

Rebecca said...

I found your challenge on SCS, and while I don't have CTMH things, I'm going to try to use some of my other stash up. I'll see what I can do!