Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cookie Sheet Note Boards

I know that several variations of these have been floating around for a while. I also realize that these are either a "love it" or "hate it" item. Not sure why there isn't any middle ground. I obviously am in the "love it" category. LOL I made six of them for last fall's craft show (with matching magnets) and sold four of the six. The cookie sheets are 9 x 13 and were purchased at Dollar Tree. If you need large quantities for workshops or want to split a case of them with friends, you can get them at www.dollartreedirect.com by the case. If you are making matching magnets for them, Michael's is the best place to get the magnets. It is about $7 for a package of 50. Not only is that a great deal compared to Robert's for example, it becomes an even better deal with a 40% off coupon. I used the cropadile for punching the holes to thread ribbon through for hanging. The six I made last fall were in the same style as this one: Photobucket
After I got that one made, I realized that it would be cool if it had a post-it note on it and a dry erase area as well as an area for magnets. So then I developed this one. I used transparencies over the paper to create the small dry erase area next to where the post-it note is. Photobucket
Then my wonderful, sweet, darling husband said "well couldn't you do a perpetual calendar on it?". So being the computer genius that he is, I put him to work creating a blank perpetual calendar within the dimensions I wanted. So with his help, I then made these three:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
We had trouble getting the ink to dry when printing the template directly onto the transparencies, so to insure the ink would stay put we ended up printing the template onto the B&T paper and covering with the transparency. I was worried about the adhesive showing through when I glued the transparency down, but the ATG adhesive stayed remarkably clear.Obviously these don't have the post-it note pads or the magnets on them yet. You'll have to use your imagination for that. ;) The magnet are upstairs in the kitchen drying as I type. Boy that E6000 craft adhesive stinks - but does a great job adhering magnets! Until tomorrow ladies, happy scrappin'.

7 comments:

Ellie said...

What a fabulous idea! I love it. Love you you decorated them!

Sarah said...

I 'Love' yours!

Rebecca said...

These look fantastic!

paulssandy said...

These are really cool. How cute they would be to hang in a country kitchen. The perpetual calendar was a stroke of genious! I am sure you will sell lots next fair.
Sandy O
www.papertransformer.com

Amanda said...

What a cute idea! I'll have to keep these in mind. I have lots of B-days coming up.

Jen Z. said...

WOW. These are all great. And yes, E6000 does have a heck of a stink to it!! I love the perpetual calendar ones...what a great idea to use the transparency!!

Lucia said...

I love making these too. They are so easy and everyone is really "Wowed" about them.