Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Covered Junior Legal Pads

I made a dozen of these for the upcoming craft show. Of course here lately anything I make is for the upcoming craft show. LOL I narrowed down my faves to 5 for this posting. At the end is a template for making them. They are super duper easy and fun to make. I've found that Sam's Club is the cheapest place to get the junior legal pads - $5.42 for a pack of 24. I actually use Sam's Club for many of my craft related purchases. Here I go getting off topic again - now back to our regularly scheduled post. ;)
Photobucket
Supplies Used: Route 66 Paper Pack, Reach for the Stars Stamp Set, Moonstruck Cardstock & Ink, Prismacolor Pencils, Star buttons.
Photobucket
Supplies Used: It's a Guy Thing Paper Pack, Star Struck Stamp Set, Olive Ink, Silver Brads.
Photobucket
Supplies Used: Cutie Pie Paper Pack (retired I think), Bunny Love Stamp Set, Versafine Black Ink, Spring Iris Ink, Buttons, Liquid Glass, Sugar Coating Glitter, Prisma Glitter, Prismacolor Markers.
Photobucket
I think out of all of them, this one is my absolute favorite! Supplies Used: Silhouette Paper Pack, Black Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Aspirations Stamp Set, Black Ink, Versamagic Ink, Clear Embsossing Powder, Got Flowers? (small white flowers), Making Memories Copper Brads, Black Ribbon - not sure of the brand - I only had one little scrap left.
Photobucket
Supplies Used: Magic Moments Paper Kit & Stamp Set, Dutch Blue, Sweet Leaf, and Hollyhock Inks, Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Liquid Glass, Pink Sparkle from Michael's.
Photobucket
This is what the inside of the legal pad looks like once covered. You don't want your adhesive to go quite all the way to the edge on the flap at the top of the notepad because it overhangs to the paper just slightly.
Photobucket
Here is the very simple template. I realized after I uploaded the picture this morning that I didn't shade quite far enough over on the part that gets cut off. You want to cut all the way over to the edge of the inside flap. I simply stopped shading about a 1/4" too soon!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did making them. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

8 comments:

Helen said...

What a fabulous project - they're are beautiful!

Sue C said...

I really like the Bunny Love one, and thanks for the template - I'll have to try this!

Sarah said...

These are terrific! I agree the black and white one is my fav. It goes really well with the Aspiration SS.
But I have to say that the sentiment stamped (or sticker?) on the It's a Guy Thing papers made me crack up!
I will definitely try this!
I wish I could go to your craft fair! (where is it?)

Loretta Rodger said...

Oh love these! I like the black and white one the best!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Love these! I'm definitely going to check out my Sam's.

Jackie said...

All your pads are fab and I like the images you used! great job & tfs!!!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous idea! I'll have to case you on these! THanks for visiting my blog!

Leslie said...

Jenn, These are great. At first I thought they were cards but I love this idea. I may attempt to lift, only for my personal use. Hope that is okay?
Leslie