Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 52

I've decided I really should participate in more challenges rather than just drooling over everyone else's beautiful artwork. This was an interesting challenge to participate in. Rather than being given a sketch, this one involves a recipe. The recipe was to take something ripped, use 2 papers, and 4 embellishments. The TWIST: Four embellishments means ONLY four. A two-layered flower with a charm/spacer and a brad for example would count as ALL of the embellishments! Hmmm, now how is a girl who is addicted to layers and bling gonna pull THAT off???

I've been itching all week to use the circle designer paper all week after I found it in my stash. I've been on a kick of bright, bold colors lately. Probably a subconscious wish for spring to arrive. Well, actually no subconscious about it...I am sooooo ready for spring.

Both designer papers are from a Provo Craft 8x8 paper stack. The cardstock is Star Spangled Blue from CTMH. Rather than tearing the edge, I used the edge distresser on it. I'm not a big fan of tearing - but edge distressing is a whole other story! LOL

Stamps are Studio G from Michael's. Yes, I am aware that both of my images are stamped slightly crooked. This is the first time I've even been brave enough to buy and use wood mounted stamps. I've been using clear stamps exclusively since I added stamping to my repertoir three years ago. I guess I'll have to practice some more...because there are so many cute stamps out there to be exclusive. ;) Images are colored in with Prismacolor markers.

Embellishments: 1 & 2 )Green Studio G self-stick sparkles from Michael's 3.) Blue Dashes, Dots, & Checks Ribbon from Michael's 4.) CTMH Prisma Glitter.

I am so proud of myself for being able to keep to the rules and not add a bunch of stuff! It's a lot harder than it sounds. LOL

Photobucket

5 comments:

Diane (djuseless) said...

Love the card! I also love the designs on your blog!

Sarah said...

Awwww this is SO yummie! I think you did an awesome job with restraint.
I did my fist EVER challenge tonight...I will prolly post it tomorrow..It is FUN to do!
Love your art as always!

fitsandstarts said...

Cuutttteee! I love that cupcake. I have been seeing cupcakes all day, love this trend. Nice card!

Michelle said...

You nailed the challenge with this adorable card!

Leslie said...

I love the cupcake. I bought the new CTMH set but I still haven't put any ink on it. Shame on me, I will have to pull it out now and play with it.
-Leslie