Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Use It Up Challenge

Can you believe it is March already??? I sure can't. It seems like the older I get, the faster time goes by. When I was a kid, my grandma would always make comments about that, and I always thought she was just being weird. Well, here I am saying the same thing. LOL Anyways, for this months challenge, we are working with papers that debuted in the Autumn/Winter 2006 Idea Book. They are as follows: Just Chillin', Simple Pleasures, Best Friends Forever, School Zone, Abundance, Hollydays, Teammate My Reflections Collection, Dickens Village My Reflections Collection.



The rules are simple - If you have any of these paper packs or even scraps from these paper packs, quit hoarding them! Use them up! It's really not too terribly difficult once you get used to the idea of not hoarding your paper. I've found it's much more enjoyable and fun when I don't hoard. What a concept!!! ;) Make whatever you like or have need of - layouts (complete with pictures), mini-albums, cards, altered items, etc.



If you don't have these papers from CTMH, never fear, you can still participate. Simply choose some papers you've been hoarding for way too long and get busy using them up. Leave a comment with a link to your artwork. At the end of the month I will draw a name from all of those who particpate and mail out some goodies.



Here is my first contribution to using up some of my stash for this month.

Photobucket

I made these cards using a pattern from here . Sheetload of Cards is a fabulous concept. The patterns and instructions are simple and easy to follow, and the possibilities are endless. I made a set of 8 cards using the Simple Pleasures Level 2 Paper Pack, Simple Beauty and Say It In Style Stamp Sets, Chocolate & Twilight Inks, and clear sparkles. I won't bore you with multiple photos. I made all 8 cards the same, with the exception of the sentiment at the bottom. I will be using these as a gift for someone near and dear to me ( I won't say who just in case she is reading this). I can't wait to have enough time to make more of these, only mixing it up a bit rather than having all 8 cards the same. Right now, the majority of my work is geared towards an upcoming craft show. Of course, I am sure you have noticed that already with my posts! LOL



I also realize that working with holiday papers may be a bit of a challenge for this go round. Just think of it as a great opportunity to scrap photos from last fall or Christmas before it gets procrastinated too much - or better yet, get a head start on the next holiday season. Because as we all know, time flies!

2 comments:

Martha said...

its wonderful!

Rachel said...

OK, I know one of these times I'll actually have the paper your playing with LOL...well, at least my scraps might be big enough. Love the overalls BTW