Monday, March 30, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch Week 80

Sorry I haven't posted any new artwork for a few days. I took some time off to have an early birthday celebration with my sweet husband and spend some time with the family. His parents are so good to me. They drove four hours to stay with the kids while we went out and had fun. What a blessing they are!

I jumped back into things today with the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I needed to make a birthday card, so today's sketch provided some great inspiration. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm not sure I'm lovin' the clear dew drops to the left of the main image, but I suppose they'll do. They just don't show up as well as I would like. Otherwise, I am quite happy with how it turned out. The Studio G cupcake stamp is actually only a partial image. It is inside a circle that says You're Sweet around it, but I used a circle punch to punch out just the cupcake. I used liquid glass over the glitter to seal it in, as well as on the sunglasses to give them some dimension.

Supplies used: CTMH Magic Moments Level 2 paper pack, CTMH Hollyhock, Sweet Leaf & Cocoa Inks, Staz-On Jet Black Ink, Cricut Mini-Monograms Cartridge, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Inkadinkado Humorous Birthday Stamp Set, Studio G Cupcake Stamp, Sugar Coating Glitter, Liquid Glass, Morex Chocolate Organdy Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat.

5 comments:

Cardmaking Galore said...

Really cute card!

Terri E. said...

Fun and sassy! Fabulous job on the mojo sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sarah said...

Lovin' this card, you did an awesome job!

Rebecca said...

What great in-laws! I like the patterned papers you put together. The Mojo Mondays have been giving me fits the last little while.

Martha said...

how cute! great card.