Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Onesie Cards

Do you ever feel like you are just completely behind the times? I certainly do! I know these cute little cards were all over the place on Splitcoast Stampers last year. I never got around to making one but had saved the directions. Soooooo I finally got around to making a few and once again found myself asking "why didn't I make these sooner?". I'm sure I'm not the only one who talks to myself either. LOL ;) Without further ado, here are my onesie works of art. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Okay, funny story on this one. This is the first one I picked up after decorating to add the snaps to it. So I grab my cropadile out of the drawer and proceed to punch three holes for the snaps. I'm sure you can see where this is going....total blonde moment....I punched through BOTH layers of cardstock. LOL I felt like such a ditz. I didn't want to throw it out because that little giraffe is just so darn cute. So I did what any semi-sane cardmaker would do. I cut the card front off and adhered it to a new base and made sure not to make THAT mistake twice! Anyone else have any goofs to share? I know I can't be the only one to goof up either!
Photobucket
Photobucket

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I love them all!!! especially the ladybug one!
Sometimes I wonder how I can call myself a papercrafter as it sometimes takes me 4 or 5 tries to cut a piece of cardstock correctly.
The old adage...measure twice, cut once...does not apply to me. This is why I have SOOO many scraps.
Liquid glass and white daisy pigment ink also have it 'IN' for me!

Jenn Embry said...

LOL Sarah, you are so funny! I have measured cardstock wrong more than once - usually because I am so dang tired. I've learned not to papercraft when I am tired. I do pretty good with the liquid glass, but watch out when it comes to glitter. I've spilled it more than once!

Melody said...

Love all the onesies! Especially the ladybug!

Jennifer Talley said...

These are all so very cute! I love onsie cards as well. I know 2 people who are expecting right now. Quess what they might be getting? ;)

paulssandy said...

Well, just like in fashion, things always come back around. I am also one of the last to try something new. Probably because I am busy just catching up to the last thing that came out! HA!

Yes, I talk to myself all the time. If someone sees me I just say I was talking to one of the dogs, LOL

Funny, I seem to spend a great deal of my paper crafting fixing the silly mistakes. When I read yours, I was thinking I would run a ribbon through the back 2 holes and position the sentiment above it, LOL. I like your solution better.

And I agree, that is one cute garaffe!
Sandy O
www.papertransformer.com

Susan (peebsmama) said...

These are all really cute. I made a bunch of these a couple of months ago, but rather than mounting the onesie on a card base, the card was the shape of the onsie.

Michelle said...

Adorable!

Jackie said...

These are adorable! You did a great job on them....tfs!!!

fitsandstarts said...

So cute!!!!!! Those are great!!