Thursday, April 9, 2009

CTMH Friends Challenges

I belong to a Yahoo Group called CTMH Friends. It's a great place for all of us CTMH fanatics to share our passion for stamping and CTMH. Each month there are challenges posted. I made the following two cards for the color challenge and the sketch challenge for April.

The color challenge was to use the colors Buttercup, Lilac Mist, and Spring Iris. As you can see, I added white. The background behind the flower is a top note die that has been embossed. Thanks Sue - I am still using up the blog candy you sent me. :) I inked up the die cut with Lilac Mist Ink to make the embossing really pop. Then I stamped the flower (From Me to You Stamp Set) in Spring Iris and colored in using a prismacolor pencil and baby oil. And of course, the background is Buttercup.The ribbon is from American Crafts. I love those polka dots! The center of the flower has liquid glass on it, and I also cut in between each petal in an attempt to roll them under slightly and pop dotted it to give it some dimension. It is a simple card, but I really love how it turned out.
Photobucket

This next card is for the April sketch challenge. I believe it is from Sketches by Tamara, but I don't remember which one. I used the new July SOTM that came in my autoship this week (You've Got Flair). Boy was I on pins and needles waiting for that delivery. I was watching the mailbox like a hawk! The background paper is from the Perfect Day level two paper pack. I stamped the image on Colonial White cardstock using versamark and tulip ink, and then embossed with clear embossing powder. It is colored in with prismacolor and bic markit markers. The layer underneath the matted image is a pearlescent vellum that I random stamped on the backside and used a small scalloped border punch along the right side. I added some tiny sparkles and liquid glass to the image after I colored it in. The blingy flowers are from Robert's. Hmmm, not sure if blingy is a word or not, but let's pretend it is. ;)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Very pretty. I am sure blingy is a word, or should be.

Scrubbysue said...

these are pretty! I love the colors! TFS!