Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fresh Spring Things Thank You Card

I created this thank you card for DH's boss. Why you might ask was a thank you card necessary for DH's boss? Mostly because I can't keep my mouth shut. LOL I was having a fabulous birthday and because it was my birthday I was the one setting the agenda for the day. Spoiled aren't I? So anyways, DH is a computer programmer, and you know how it is when something breaks - it has to be fixed NOW! So his boss calls him to tell him that something was broken and he needed to fix it. Bossman forgot it was my birthday and DH didn't remind him. So there went my agenda. So it was kind of down hill from there. I was rather grumpy about it (see spoiled comment above), and told DH to tell bossman that he owed me for making him work on my birthday. I just wanted to harass him a bit - he's actually a really great guy and has a great sense of humor. So apparently I hit a raw nerve with my comment and bossman thought I was mad at him. So he gave DH money and said "go buy your wife some flowers from me". OH MY GOSH!!! I felt like such a heel. So I created this card to say thanks for the flowers and explain that I wasn't mad at him, just giving him a hard time. I thought after all these years he knew how much of a smart aleck I am. So I've been enjoying beautiful flowers on my desk, and according to DH all ruffled feathers are smoothed now.

Photobucket
Supplies Used: Fresh Spring Things Stamp Set from TAC, Gentle Beginnings Paper from TAC, Fresh Spring Things Hardware from TAC, Thank You stamp - not sure of brand, I bought it last year at JoAnne's, Sweet Leaf CS from CTMH, Sweet Leaf Ink from CTMH, Staz-On Jet Black Ink, EK Success small scalloped edge punch, small circle punch (for circles behind hardware), Prismacolor markers.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That stamp is SUPER cute! Love the card, very pretty!