Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Perfect Dive" Card

Yesterday was my birthday,and to make up for the thoroughly miserable birthday I had last year, DH was determined to make up for it and do way better this year. I am pleased to report he did a fabulous job. LOL When it comes to my stamping addiction, he not only oohs and aahs over my creations, he also enables me! What more could a girl want? So anyways, he not only got me 3 new EK Success punches from Michael's, but he also got me 8, yes 8 new stamps from House Mouse! I was a little intimidated once I got them and started stamping. I am accustomed to coloring in things and actually love to color, but oh my the details! So here is my first House Mouse creation using the stamp "Perfect Dive". I'd love to know what you think. Also, if you use House Mouse stamps, what is your favorite medium or way to color them in? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Photobucket

Supplies Used: Colonial White CS, Petal CS, Indian Corn Blue CS, Petal Organdy Ribbon, Petal & Twilight Inks, Staz-On Jet Black Ink, Prismacolor Pencils & gamsol technique (but I used baby oil rather than gamsol)

5 comments:

Mary said...

Aw, what a sweet image! You did a great job coloring it with your Prismas! I just got a set and I definitely need practice! It's harder than it looks! Great card!
Happy belated birthday from another April birthday girl!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! That is a LOT of coloring to do! You did an amazing job, it is gorgeous. Must have taken a while.
I love, love, love, the card.
Thanks for sharing it with us!

Tracy said...

What a great card! I love the coloring!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday! What a wonderful DH!
Your card is beautiful!

Ellie Jacobson said...

Happy belated birthday to you! I love those House Mouse images! You lucky girl!

Ellie
http://www.elliesstampgarden.com