Friday, April 10, 2009

Stamps and Smiles Challenge #10

I really had fun with this sketch challenge. I'm not sure what made me turn to using such bright colors, but they worked and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I have a very dear friend who just loves bright colors and I think I was inspired as I thought of her. I used the Close Knit Friendship & Knitted with Love stamps from House Mouse. The paper is from a Whoops-a-Daisy level two paper pack from CTMH. I embossed the Hydrangea CS with a cuttlebug embossing folder and then added prisma glitter to the embossed areas. I used prismacolor pencils and baby oil for the coloring. I thought about adding more to it as far as embellishments go, but thought it would take away from the overall effect and opted to leave it as it was. Here's to friendship, cheery colors, and sunny spring days. Happy Scrappin'!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

10 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! Gorgeous! I love the colors.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Jenn, LOVE the fun design and gorgeous sparkle on the swirls!

So glad you found our NEW spot on Stamps and Smiles, thanks for playing along!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Jackie said...

Great card Jenn! I love the sketch you used...tfs!!!

Ellie said...

How sweet! I love that image and the color combo!

Scrubbysue said...

Nice layout and what a cute stamped image! TFS!

Elizabeth said...

So cute and great job with the sketch!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very very cute!!!!!

Love the sketch on this and the image tooo!!!

Viv said...

Love your bright and breezy take on the challenge sketch Jenn! You rocked it! Have a Happy Easter!
Viv xx

Mercy said...

very cute...what a precious image!

thanks for playing along with this week's sketch, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

lesleyworth said...

How cute is that image! Great job!