Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #9

One of the fun things about blog hopping - besides seeing lots of great artwork - is that you also find out about other blogs and challenges that you've not heard of before. I stumbled across the Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge thanks to this post on Kelly's blog. I agree with Kelly, that sometimes the mojo just isn't there. I think that is why I like challenges so much. Sketch challenges are my favorite because they give me something concrete to work with. I also enjoy other challenges such as color challenges because they get me to create something out of my comfort zone. The SAS Blog does a new sketch challenge every Thursday. So stay tuned for another one tomorrow as well.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Supplies Used: CTMH Life Delights Paper Pack, Hollyhock CS & Ink, Lilac Mist CS, Chocolate Ink, Inkadinkado Cats Clear Stamp Set, Clear Embossing Powder, prismacolor marker, misc. embellishments.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my...another challenge blog. I could stay busy just doing all the different blog challenges out there. Good job on your card for this one. You just motivated me to try it tomorrow...so much for what I had planned LOL....

Sarah said...

wooohooo Love this card! I know what you mean about challenges..they do take you outside your comfort zone and it's so good! I am a challenge addict now!
Lovin the kitty!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wonderful card Jenn, looks like you have a ton of mojo going on!! LOVE the darling layout and design!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, we hope to see you this week!

Hugs & Smiles,
Jennifer :)

Mercy said...

this is great jen!

thanks for playing along with last week's sketch, and i hope you can join us again this week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Caryl P said...

This is a cute card. I love the cat image with blue flowers. Nice!

itsabrt said...

Jenn, your take on this sketch is awesome I really enjoy you work on the Close to my Heart bb also! Beth aka BR-T

Mercy said...

too cute!

thanks for playing along with last week's sketch, and i hope to see you again this week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy