Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Birthday present for my grandmother

My grandmother is turning 80 this next Sunday. She doesn't like us to make a fuss over her, but I just couldn't resist making her a little something. Years ago she gave me a recipe for Monster Cookies. My best guess is that they are called Monster Cookies because the recipe makes a MONSTER batch of dough. It has to be mixed in a 5 gallon bucket! LOL Fortunately the dough freezes well! Anyways, as my grandma has gotten older, she can no longer mix the dough and can't enjoy her favorite cookie. I live too far away to make the dough for her, but I did make some cookies for her to enjoy.

The container I decorated used to have Pearson's Mint Patties in it (from Sam's Club). I used the CTMH Promise of Spring paper pack and matching stamp set for it. The only full sheet of paper I had left was the green leaf patterned paper, and then some scraps of the others. I hope the cookies make it there in one piece. I put bubble wrap under and on top of the bag of cookies in the jar.

Photobucket

I had enough scraps leftover to make her a few cards. She likes to write letters/notes to people still, and uses 3-4 notecards per week! I just sent her a few cards for Mother's Day, but I'm sure she'll be able to put these to good use!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Leslie said...

How sweet you are.

Sarah said...

These are so lovely!
A 5 gallon bucket!!!!! holy moly. My arm would fall off.

SamieVt said...

What a great way to keep memories alive. I love it! The cards are adorable. Thanks for sharing!