Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Boy is my stamping hand & arm sore!

I agreed to make the invitations for my DD's sweet sixteen birthday party. Once I got started on them - after procrastinating till the last minute of course - I realized how daunting a task it was. I'm glad that I had her pare down the invite list to 30 instead of the original 40. I don't think I could've gotten 40 of these things done today! LOL

Partway through the creative process, I was bemoaning the fact that I probably wouldn't get around to last Thursday's Stamps & Smiles Challenge. Then I got to looking at the invitation I had come up with and realized how similar it was to their sketch challenge and decided to make one extra - she needs one for her scrapbook after all! So I made the one for her scrapbook using their sketch. I am very happy that they are done, and she is pleased with the end result. So everyone is happy!

Photobucket
Supplies Used: CTMH Inks -Spring Iris, Citrus Leaf, Bubblegum, Orange. CTMH CS - Bubblegum, Citrus Leaf. CTMH Stamp Sets - It's Your Day, It's A Party.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used: CTMH Inks -Spring Iris, Citrus Leaf, Bubblegum, Orange. CTMH CS - Bubblegum, Citrus Leaf. CTMH Stamp Sets - It's Your Day, It's A Party. Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.

6 comments:

tmcc4 said...

Very Vibrant colors!!! very nice that is a lot of work. Have fun at the party. You'll be thankful when it's over..LOL!! I know ;)
TFS!!
Mandy

Jackie said...

I love the colors you used for your cards! very cute....tfs!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous invitation X 30 equals lots a work!! ..... What a wonderful labor of love!

Sarah said...

That is a LOT of cards and stamping. You rock! The cards are awesome. My DD used this SS for her Dad's BD card today...I love this cake!

Stampin' Meg said...

very cute!

Tracey said...

Wow! you have been busy & the cards are gorgeous, love the bright colours :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x