Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fun Project

I found these cute little notebooks in the dollar bin at Michael's and just knew that they would look great altered. What made the price even better was using a 20% off my entire purchase coupon. :) I plan on doing up several of these for the fall craft shows I'll be doing.

Before:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

Supplies Used: Unity Singles Stamp "Butterfly", CTMH June Word Puzzle Stamp Set, CTMH Buttercup & Colonial White Cardstock, Staz-On Timber Brown Ink, CTMH Spring Iris Ink, Prismacolor Marker, Prima Flower, Colonial White Brad, Liquid Glass, Prisma Glitter, ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat.


I was rather bummed to run out of the pale yellow ribbon. Why oh why could I not have had just 2 more inches of it???? I'm sure that'll bug me everytime I look at it. LOL I used a Prismacolor marker (blue slate) to color the prima flower and then I used a glue pen and sprinkled it with prisma glitter and covered with liquid glass. The butterfly is actually attached to the brad in the center of the flower with some liquid glass and has more dimension than it appears to have in the picture.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I FINALLY got my very ugly but useful light box made. I really need to get another desk lamp so I have light from both sides. But meanwhile, these pics were taken using the light box with no extra light source other than overhead lighting and the flash on the camera. I am pleased with how they turned out. Finally, I can get halfway decent pics in my basement scraproom! WooHoo!!!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you for your sweet email! What a STELLAR Project! Love what you did with the Unity Quote! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for the sweet words as well. So very much appreciated!

tmcc4 said...

What a great alteration..LOVE the butterfly one..I would scoop that up so fast :) both of them are real cute..good job! TFS!
Mandy

specialcraftmom4 said...

Great project!!! Very creative (:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

thesee are fabulous for little gifts, I have made them before....so much fun, yours is darling, I luv the stamps you used...nice work and don't ya luv those Mikey coupons? hehehe *~*

Anjou Krelovich said...

How lovely! I always miss the journals when they have a simple front! I'll have to look out for these!

SamieVt said...

Wow - you can't guess that it is the same little notebook! What creativity! I love it!

Sarah said...

Love these...they are great!!