Monday, June 22, 2009

Birthday Card

So I needed a birthday card at the last minute for a 17 year old boy. I have such trouble with masculine cards...but did manage to throw this together - along with a plate of cookies. :)

I used some scrap papers from the Good Times Paper Pack (CTMH), Twilight Textured CS (CTMH), Sweet Leaf, Twilight, Buttercup, and Chocolate Inks (CTMH), It's Your Day Stamp Set (CTMH), the buttons are threaded using brown Scrapper's Floss.

I think scrapper's floss is THE BEST invention when it comes to making buttons look like they are stitched on. It is easy to work with and I can just use a glue dot to secure the floss and stick the button to my card or page. I was using DMC Floss and color coordinating - still do ocassionally - but my fingers don't always want to work and the scrapper's floss has saved me many times!

Photobucket

For those of you looking for a good deal, check out your local Big Lots for Martha Stewart stuff. I found some eyelet edge cards with envelopes for only $2 a package. I'll be sharing some cards using them later this week.

While I am sharing good things, here is my super easy cookie recipe that my whole family just loves.

Cake Mix Whatever Cookies

1 cake mix - any flavor
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 cups mix-in (choc. chips, nuts, etc.)

Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil. Add mix-in and drop rounded teaspoonsful of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees until lightly browned around the edges. Be careful not to overbake. One of our favorites is using a french vanilla cake mix and milk chocolate chips. Using a medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop, I can get 4 dozen cookies out of one batch.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great way to make that cake into a boy card...it looks great!

Stephanie said...

This is super cute! Love the colors :)