Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Let's Get Punchy" Card Swap...

I joined this swap on SCS, with the main rule being to use any type of punch on my card. Colors, theme, company, etc did not matter, as long as I used quality supplies and a punch of some sort. DH just bought me several new punches for my birthday back in April, so my biggest dilemma was which punch to decide to use! LOL

I finally came up with the following card. The basic layout of it was inspired by the "Balance It Out" pattern on page 102 of Originals Card Confidence Program by Jeanette Lynton. I used the CTMH Silhouette Paper Pack for the patterned paper and added Desert Sand & Tulip Cardstock. The base is Colonial White Cardstock. The "buttons" at the bottom of the card are actually stamped. They are from the CTMH Buttoned Together Stamp Set. It is one of my most favorite sets right now. Of course, I am rather addicted to buttons, so it really just fits right in with what I like. LOL The flower is from the Floral Friends Stamp Set from Unity. It is colored in with a Prismacolor Marker (Crimson Red), & I used Martha Stewart Smoky Quartz glitter, sealed with liquid glass on the leaves.

Photobucket

I ended up using a small scalloped border punch on the Desert Sand CS rather than this MS lace edge punch on the cards I actually swapped. I still can't quite decide which I like better though. It's going to be a busy weekend here, so I won't have anything to post again until early next week. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Very pretty! I too LOVE the Buttoned together SS!!! So many possibilities.

Rachel said...

Ohhhhhh, super duper cute!1111

SamieVt said...

Beautiful! I love it!