Thursday, June 18, 2009

Organization Part 2: Ribbon Storage

Well this isn't the most creative idea I've seen out there for ribbon storage, but for the time being it works. DH and I are in the process of designing a storage unit to hang on my wall next to my desk, but it could be months before that is completed with the crazy hours he's been working lately! Anyways, since having my own scrap space, empty canning jars have become my best friend. LOL Not only do I use them to hold ribbon, but I also use them (minus the lids of course) to hold my prismacolor pencils, watercolor pencils, gel pens, and paint brushes.

I started using the pint size canning jars for my ribbon because A.) I was out of space in the snapware container I had been using and B.) the ribbon I order from The Ribbon Retreat doesn't come on spools. So the jars make for ideal storage - about the right size and I can see what I have at a glance. I'm very visual, so it really helps to see my supplies. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see in the pics, I of course just had to decorate the jar lids. :D I also use a small straight pin to keep the ribbon from unrolling in the jar - it helps immensely. And for those of you with a keen sense of observation, in that last photo you can see what I like to snack on. LOL I think tomorrow I will show you my new solution for paper storage (also temporary - I hope). As soon as DH gets some wall anchors/screws in the wall for me, I have a solution for embellishment storage. Until next time, happy scrappin' y'all!

No comments: