Friday, June 19, 2009

Organization Part 3: Paper Storage

Happy Friday everyone! As promised here is my hopefully temporary paper storage.

Photobucket

I used several USPS priority mail boxes that I had sitting around from when I was participating in lots of swaps. They were gathering dust and I had heard of the idea of using them ages ago from a fellow CTMH consultant. DH is going to build me a paper storage rack that goes across the length of the table I am using. It will still be vertical storage, but the slots will be 1/2" (or less), so that each color of cardstock can have it's own slot. The blue patterned trays you see sitting on top of my paper storage boxes are from the Dollar Spot at Target. They are holding misc. embellishments, paper and cardstock samples, and various other items.

The binders on the far right hold all of my scraps in page protectors, divided by color. One also contains my E size stamp sets from CTMH. I have 5 sets in one binder right now, but could easily fit 1-2 more in it. The binders are 1 1/2", from Sam's Club. They were approx. $12 for a package of 4. I still need to make labels for the spines as to what is in them. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is what my paper storage looked like before:

Photobucket

Not a great picture, but as you can see I kept my paper packs & cardstock in large ziplock bags and stored them vertically in bins. It worked reasonably well until I acquired way to much paper and cardstock to fit! LOL I like my new solution MUCH better. :D

I didn't take a picture of it, but for those of you who buy CTMH papers, I thought I'd share with you how I am storing my paper packs. When I buy a new level 2 paper pack, I remove all of the cardstock that comes with it and put it with my other full sheets of cardstock. Then I take the papers and put all like designs together. I put the papers in a 12x12 page protector along with the insert that tells the name of the paper pack and the colors. Then I store it like I do my cardstock. I store my paper scraps with the paper pack they belong with. If I have a whole uncut sheet of a piece of paper and scraps, the scraps are stored in front of the whole sheet so that I can see them and use them before cutting another whole sheet if possible. Oh, BTW, for any carstock scraps that are too big to fit inside the 8 1/2"x11" page protectors, I simply store them at the very front of the whole pieces of cardstock for that color.

I hope this has helped those of you on a quest for better organization. It's kinda funny how what works for one may or may not work well for another. I am hoping my embellishment storage will be completed tomorrow! If not, I'll share a card I made the other day and it'll have to wait till next week. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Your organization is stunning!