Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Birthday Gift...

Finally I am getting around to sharing pics of the birthday gift I made for my best friend Denise. Really, she is the closest thing I have to a sister, since we have known each other since we were 11 years old and in the sixth grade. So I try to make her something special for her birthday every year. Having 5 small children, I tend to get her something she can use to pamper herself with when I can. This year was no exception - although I had to take the pictures before the lotions and soaps were added. You'll have to use your imagination on that part. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used: Creative Imaginations hatbox style container, Making Memories Paint (Ruby), Bella Rose papers (SU), Prima Flowers, Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat, black brads, mod-podge

Remember those Martha Stewart notecards I mentioned recently that I got at Big Lots? Well, Here is what they look like and one of the things I created with them.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used: Martha Stewart eyelet notecards, Bazzill CS, CTMH Adorable Stamp Set, Staz-On Jet Black Ink, rhinestone sparkles.

The strip of cardstock at the top is merely filler since the cards are standard size. These particular notecards are designed for use with wedding invitations I believe. They are only half of a standard size card, i.e. cardfront only, not the entire card. I didn't realize that when I bought them, but just knew I could find a way to make them work anyways. :D I put a strip of black paper on the backside of the eyelet card at the bottom so that it would show some contrast beneath the eyelet. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the square with the flower is pop-dotted, and there is a small rhinestone sparkle in the middle of the flower. I left the notecards completely blank on the inside and didn't put any sentiments on the outside, so that she could use them for whatever she needed them for. The box they are in is one that stuff came in from PTI. I traded someone on SCS for several of these and they work well for the whole reduce, reuse, recycle theme I've been trying to do more of. And of course Murphy's Law, I already had the cards and envelopes (which are stamped to match) inside the box and taped up before I remembered I needed to take a picture.

Sorry for the super long post. Thanks for staying with me. :) I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Happy Scrappin'!

No comments: