Friday, July 31, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps - Guest Designer Challenge

My mojo came rip roaring back yesterday, just in time for this Guest Designer Challenge from Clear Dollar Stamps! When I saw their sketch for the challenge, it didn't really speak to me in terms of a card or layout, but it just screamed mini-album. Well not literally of course, but I just couldn't get the idea out of my head. I actually cut into the Tickled Pink Kit that I've been hoarding from CTMH *gasp*. Can you believe it? I didn't do a lot of embellishing because I'll most likely be using this for a gift and I wanted the photos to be the focal point and not the embellishments. The pages opposite the striped paper inside the book were random stamped. Random stamping is one of my all time favorite techniques, and so very easy to do with clear stamps. So without further ado, here is my mini-album.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll take a few minutes and check out the CDS blog and website. They have an amazing selection of stamps and even more amazing artwork.

Edited to add: The overall size of the album is 5"x8 1/2". Starting at the back and working forward, each page was decreased in width by 3/4". The front cover is 5"x 5 1/2". I created the album using chipboard that I then covered with my papers. The chipboard is actually from empty cereal and granola bar boxes that I cut up. Why pay for lightweight chipboard when I can get it for free? ;-) I had it spiral bound at the UPS Store - I so cannot wait till I get a Bind It All. LOL

Supplies Used: All supplies CTMH unless otherwise specified.

Paper: Tickled Pink
Cardstock: White Daisy Textured CS, Hollyhock CS, Blush CS, Sweet Leaf CS, Twilight CS, Crystal Blue CS.
Inks: Blush, Hollyhock, Crystal Blue, Twilight, Sweet Leaf
Stamps: Tickled Pink, Journaling Set Unknown - bought on clearance at my LSS.
Embellishments: Rhinestones from Michael's, Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat, Hatpin from Making Memories, Prisma Glitter (CTMH).

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful. Did you buy the actual album or make it?

Christi said...

That album is amazing! Great Job and Good luck!

Laurie tx stamper said...

Such a cute and creative album! I like how you interpreted the sketch for the pages and the layers of flowers on the front!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Oh so clever and fun!
:-)

Helen said...

This album is fabulous! Love it!

Naomi said...

This is a beaut! Great paper, wondeful album. I LOVE the flowers on the front!

Zafran ali said...

Absolutely gorgeous album,These are all adorable I really like it...
Plastic Cards Printing