Monday, July 20, 2009

Thank you card for my mailman....

Yep, you read that correctly, I made this card just for my mailman. Why? you might ask? Well, I am in a group called Angel Tag. We send cards to each other randomly, and when you are "tagged", you then "tag" someone else by sending them a card. Anyways, I had received a tag in the mail from a member of this group but there wasn't enough postage attached. I received a neon green envelope with a note that said my mailman had paid the postage for me (20 cents) and could I please reimburse him by putting the money in the envelope and dropping it in the box. It's the first time I've ever had that happen. I know that the mailman doesn't have to do that for me, so I made him a thank you card to say that I appreciated the gesture. I hear way too many stories about the post office and lost packages and such, and thought that my mailman would like to know how much he is appreciated.

I tried to keep the colors as neutral as possible. I don't actually know who our mailman is and if it is a he or a she. When we first moved in, we had a female mailman ( I suppose mail person would be technically correct), but I've seen male mailmen in the neighborhood here lately. We have community mailboxes and so I miss getting to know our mailman like we did in our old house where the mailbox was attached to the porch and he had a walking route. Ahh the good old days. Hehehehe

Photobucket
Supplies Used: Lazy Days of Summer Paper Pack (CTMH), A Flower for All Seasons Stamp Set (SU), "Thank You" Stamp Set was a gift with purchase stamp from The Angel Company in the Spring/Summer 2009 Catalog. Image colored with Prismacolor markers and American Crafts Metallic Silver Marker, Staz-On Jet Black and Garden Green (CTMH) Inks used.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card!!! What a great idea making that for your mail carrier! I bet they will be really pleased.

Leslie said...

the card and the thought behind it are both wonderful.