Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Two Challenges In One....

The sketch for Mojo Monday this week was very intriguing to me as was the simplicity of the Color Chef Challenge. So I figured I'd try combining the two. :) Well I say that the Color Chef Challenge is simple, but it is very bold. I love the contrast of black and white with a pop of color. Especially if it such a bright, cheerful color. I've had the Spot On Backgrounds Stamp Set from CTMH for some time, but I tend to forget that I have it and it does not see nearly as much ink as it should! The butterfly and flower are from SU's level 1 hostess set God's Beauty. I just love that butterfly! The yellow I used is Sunny Yellow from CTMH. The butterfly was glittered with Sugar Coating Glitter and then covered in liquid glass and pop dotted (the flower got the same treatment). I want to cry when I pop dotted the butterfly....I misplaced it ever so slightly, and in my quest for perfection tore the paper when I tried to undo it and place it precisely where I wanted it!!!! There are times I really dislike my perfectionist tendencies! Other than that minor mishap though I am VERY happy with how it turned out. My DH was watching me make it last night and just seemed enthralled as he watched me. It was really cute and quite funny. Then our 10 year old DD said "Daddy, I didn't know you liked scrapbooking?". LOL He too really likes how it turned out. :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jackie said...

i love your card! That butterfly is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Sarah said...

The black, white and yellow in this is astoundingly beautiful! as are your butterfly and flower. I am so impressed that your picture showed the sparkle...not easy to do !!!

Sheila said...

Very pretty!! Love the bright colors and also how you used the background stamp.

Barb said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! The colors & sparkle to the butterfly is fantastic :)

Kelly Jo said...

saw this on FB and loved it!!

Amy Schultz said...

So beautiful! I remember being in a swap with you and loving all of your cards :) Going to have to visit your blog more often! :)

Kariberry said...

Your card is beautiful!! It's an awesome thing when our hubby's support & love what we do. Mine dose too. ;)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love all the sparkle ... awesome job!