Friday, July 24, 2009

What's Up Dog?

When I saw this stamp in the TAC Idea Book last fall, I just knew I had to buy it! I immediately thought of my sister-in-law, Mandy, and the family vacation we took last year. She was getting the kids to say "what's up dog?" and made up nicknames for each of us - all in fun of course. :-D Anyways, she is coming for a quick visit this weekend, so I made this card for her. I used the Mia's Cottage Paper Pack and Cardstock from TAC as well as the What's Up Dog Stamp Set. The dog is colored in with Prismacolor markers. there is a liquid glass on the bone, bow, and collar. I also used liquid glass around the punched out area of the tag where I threaded the ribbon through. The "buttons" on the left side are actually pieces of paper that I used a 1/2" circle punch on, then pierced to make holes and threaded scrappers floss through. After gluing them down with a glue dot, I also put liquid glass on those to give them some shine and dimension to make them look even more like buttons. The sentiment is stamped on a tab that came with the paper pack, I just cut the tab part off to make it a rectangle rather than a tab. That too is covered with a thin layer of liquid glass. Can you tell I like to use liquid glass? LOL Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, happy scrappin'!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is too cute!

Stephanie said...

what a fun image!! love it :)