Saturday, August 29, 2009

Helping Hand Card

Well I did it, I finally caved and used a digital image! I didn't think I ever would, but I came across this image and fell in love with it. Check out Dustin's blog for details as well as other freebie downloads. Honestly, I never thought I would see the day that I would use a digital image like this for my cards. I love stamping, and it makes me cringe to hear these digital images being called digital "stamps". I confess I was along the lines of others who saw them as nothing more than glorified clip art. No offense to anyone intended. :-) I've come to realize that there is plenty of room for all types of media in this obsession of mine and that by excluding digital images, I was missing out on some really adorable images. Just don't expect me to call them digital stamps. LOL It's hard to see in the pic, but I did use some liquid glass on all of the circles & flowers on the DP on the left side of the card. That's also why the paper looks a bit wrinkled. That's the only thing I hate about using LG, it can buckle the paper. And here I thought I was so careful and put it on lightly enough so as to not do that. Oh well. The sentiment is computer generated - the name of the image is "helping hand" and I thought the sentiment was just perfect to go with it for a thank you card. I hope everyone has had a fabulous summer. The kids go back to school on Monday, and needless to say I am excited for a bit of peace and quiet, or even being able to listen to my Ipod without an interruption every few minutes. I have another paper project in the works today and will be posting it on Monday. Until next week, happy scrappin'.

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH Animal Crackers Creative Basics
Ink: CTMH Dutch Blue & Clover Meadow (on the edges of the paper)
Misc: CTMH Dutch Blue eyelets, Red Sheer Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat, computer generated sentiment, Helping Hand digital image, Prismacolor markers, prismacolor glitter, liquid glass.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Jenn, your card is precious. I think the digital image is cute, made me chuckle. I have been downloading freebies from Digital Delights by Louby Lou, but they still seem to be pixelated when I print them. Have you found the ones you have downloaded from Dustin to be pixelated?

scubasubie said...

That is fantastic! I just started with the freebie digital images (my sympathy card was the first one). I love your card!

gale said...

Oh how cute!! I love this-so bright and totally adorable!

Naomi said...

This is cute! And you know, I cringe too when I hear them called 'digital stamps'! They are NOT stamps, but 'images'. I don't use them, but would if I saw one I loved, but stamps they are not. Glad someone else sees it that way, I thought I was crazy! This turned out very cute whether you call it a stamp or an image...LOL!

Deb S. said...

Jenn this is so adorable! I have never used any digital images, but now I may need to start!

Traci said...

Too cute! I love that image! I have yet to use any digital images mainly because I am too lazy to figure out how to download but I love how cute they are!