Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recessed Window Card

The tutorial on SCS this week is for a Recessed Window Card. You can find the tutorial here. The tutorial looked pretty easy so I decided to give it a try. Two hours later, I was finally done. Of course I just had to be different and not go strictly by the tutorial and create a window size of my own choosing. So much for it looking so easy! LOL It actually was pretty easy. I think I just made it more difficult than it was by changing the window size. The image is one I received in the mail today from an image swap and I just couldn't wait to use it. :-) Please pardon the crooked paper on the front. I really do know how to glue things on straight, so I'm not sure what happened there. When I showed my daughter she said she loved it, and then when I told her to ignore the crooked paper, she replied "How on earth did you do that? You NEVER get the paper crooked!". I don't know that it's that I never get the paper crooked as it is that I usually trash the cards when I get the paper crooked. LOL I hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Until next time, happy scrappin'!

Photobucket

Supplies Used:
Paper: SU Tempting Turquoise Cardstock, CTMH Tulip Cardstock, American Crafts Tea Party Paper Pack.
Ink: SU Tempting Turquoise
Stamp: House Mouse (unsure of name - from an image swap)
Misc: Prima flower, orange rhinestone from Michael's dollar spot, ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat, Prismacolor Markers.

9 comments:

Mary G. said...

Such an adorable image!! Great card!

SamieVt said...

Jenn,
Much braver than I. I didn't think it looked quite so "easy" LOL. I adore the image and of course wouldn't have noticed anything crooked!

my5bratz said...

well I didnt notice til ut, lol...fab card :0)

Paige said...

Those HM images are all so adorable and you colored yours in so well! I never would have noticed the crooked paper if you didn't point it out! I was too busy looking at how cute the paper went with the image!

Michelle said...

jen this card is adorable.. TFS!
michelle

Ramona said...

I just love this card. Those little mice say it allllll! How cute.

Naomi said...

It looks very nice. I haven't tried one of these cards yet. It's on my To Do List, which pretty much means it may or may not get done...LOL! I wanted to drop in and welcome you to the Inky 'Ones', the original SCS blogger group, full of the most amazing paper crafters ever!!! Look forward to seeing more of your work!

CathyRose said...

The card is so cute! Lol, on the crooked paper. I throw them away too!
We need to work on getting over that, don't we?

Traci said...

Cute card! I love that image! Great job on the window card! Very brave not only to attempt it but to change it also?? WOW! Didn't even notice it being crooked until you said so! LOL