Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some ramblings & a holiday planner...

Oh I am such a bad blogger!!! I told myself when I started this blog that I would post new artwork at least 2-3 times a week. I haven't posted anything on here since last week! Yikes! So anyways, I've had ideas floating around in my head and have even printed off multiple different tutorials from SCS. I just haven't made much. I've been enjoying watching movies with the kids and reading books, and of course I've also been busy doing back to school shopping and we are getting ready for a family camping trip to Yellowstone next week. I guess at times even the passion for our favorite hobby waxes and wanes, nevermind that life simply gets busy, busy, busy.

So anyways, as most of you know, I participate in a couple of craft shows each year, and I'm always looking for something new to create that I think might sell well. I've had an idea floating around in my head for quite some time now for a holiday planner, but I was hoping to make it a little better and to have a Bind It All to use on it. While the BIA just isn't in my price range right now, I decided I could still make a holiday planner.

The base for my planner is a small composition book that is only 48 pages. I bought 4 dozen of them for a class last year (online from Sam's Club), only to realize they were not the right composition book for the class I was doing. Ugh! They were more trouble than they were worth to return them so I simply kept them. They've come in handy for when my scrappers in training, oops, I mean daughters were bored and wanted to decorate notebooks just like mom. So we've used up a few that way, but I still have plenty left to use. LOL

It's a pretty simple planner. I didn't want to get too complicated since it'll most likely just get tossed after New Year's. I think it'll be great though for jotting down notes and keeping them all in one spot. The calendars on the inside front cover were created in Microsoft Excel (thanks to my DH). The font is CTMH Fountain Pen. The receipts envelope on the inside of the back cover was made using a 6x6 envelope that I decorated with the same papers as the cover, and then used a sticky backed velcro dot to close it. The flower paper clip bookmarks were made using ordinary paper clips from Wal-Mart, Prima Flowers, 2 dimensional glue dots, and Gold Ice Stickles - although the red of the flowers bled, so it doesn't look as gold as I'd like it too. *sigh*

So enough of my rambling - thanks so much for putting up with me!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: Creative Imaginations (Renae's House), Bazzill Cardstock (red), CTMH Topiary Cardstock, White Cardstock.
Inks: CTMH Topiary & Holiday Red.
Stamps: CTMH Holiday Jubilee, December Word Puzzle
Misc: Buttons, Scrapper's Floss, Ribbon, MS Glitter, Gold Ice Stickles, Quickcutz Tab Die, Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat, Prima Flowers.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

This is just a great idea and I totally LOVE how it looks! Amazing job!

Leslie said...

Wow, I want one. I never have any plans for Christmas so it wouldn't see any use, but it is beautiful.

Vicki said...

Wow, Jenn! This came out great! Love the papers! I have a fair in Nov. and I am racking my brain too! Blessings to you!

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful idea and very cute!

Sande said...

What a great idea and the planner is fantastic. Super job and I love the paper pattern you chose to use.

Good luck...I think you do well with these at your craft fair.

Cheryl Walker said...

Very pretty planner!!! Love the colors on this!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Maggie said...

I've heard of these planners before...yours turned out fantastic!

cynthia said...

Jenn, we've featured your planner at ChristmasPlanner.com. Good job!

Naomi said...

Who couldn't use one of these around the holidays? Wow, it looks great! The receipt envelope is a great idea!

Traci said...

This is gorgeous! Love the calendar you created and the receipt envelope is a great idea! Love the front of the planner. That dp and buttons are such a great touch!
Traci