Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall is in the air....

Spring & Fall are my favorite seasons. I love Spring and it's promise of new life, but I also love fall and the crisp, cool air after a warm summer. Fall brings back fond memories of jumping in leaves, picking apples, and preparing for the holidays. Along with the cooler weather comes baking - leaving the house smelling of fresh baked bread, homemade soups/stews, and cinnamon & spices.

My inspiration for this card came from my sister-in-law Christi. Thanks so much Christi. I absolutely love the card you sent me. For someone who claims not to be too terribly creative or a card maker, you did a fantastic job! I had not even attempted to make a tri-shutter card before now. I had printed the tutorial off of SCS but like most things, just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Those of us in the "Inky Ones" group were also challenged recently by Louise to make a card using a color we don't use very often. She used orange. I confess, that orange is also one of those colors that I don't use much. I'm always pleasantly surprised at how nicely it turns out, but I never grab orange as a first color choice. LOL

Christi's Card

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Card

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH Enchanted Level 2 Paper Pack
Ink: CTMH Autumn Terracotta, Sunflower, and Pansy Purple
Stamp Sets: CTMH Autumn Splendor
Misc: Bazzill Flower, CTMH Smokey Plum Bigger Brad, CTMH sheer ribbon (not sure of color), misc buttons, scrapper's floss, patterned ribbon from the Dollar Spot @ Target.

10 comments:

gale said...

Ooh how cool and pretty! I love those colors together.

Cassie_lu said...

great job on the card. you did a fab job with the colors

Sarah said...

Both cards are FAB! LOVE that special fold. You did great with orange...beautiful.

Deb said...

These are beautiful, but I am sure having trouble making them. I follow the directions but I must be doing something wrong. Can't seem to get the front fold right...
Love them they are just perfect!!!!

Jenn Embry said...

If it's any consolation Deb, I had trouble getting the patterned paper (shaped like a T) just right. I traced like the written direction I had said to and couldn't get it to work just right. I went back later and watched the video only to realize that the video shows two separate pieces of cs on the front and not a T shape at all. LOL It took me forever to get mine made because I was determined to be smarter than the paper! *sigh*

Traci said...

Cute card! I really love those colors you used!

Night Shift Nancy said...

Jenn I have been tri-folding my little brains out!!! I love your cards and the colors. Awesome!

CathyRose said...

Both cards are wonderful. I love the colors and those tri-fold card is so impressive!

Naomi said...

Your card looks wonderful!!! I have made a few of these cards now, and love how they turn out. The Fall colors are my favorites, so I was instantly drawn to your card!

Louise Forsyth said...

Wow pretty, I love the purple in your card, totally cute.