Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A little something I made just for me...

Whether it involves paper crafting, crocheting, knitting, or cross-stitch, it seems that I never, or at least very rarely ever make a project just for me. Nearly everything I create is sold in a craft fair or given to friends and family members as a gift. So last week I sat down with the goal of making something for me. I wanted another notebook (altered composition book) for keeping notes. The last one I made for me was a few years ago. I use it when taking notes at church or church activities. I'll probably use this one for paper crafting notes and day to day mundane stuff. The paper is from my stash. I had only bought one sheet of it at my LSS when they were having a sale. I wish I had a bit more of it. I love the colors & pattern. It's just so whimsical and fun. My name is spelled out in plain chipboard letters that I coated with glue and glitter and then sealed with liquid glass. I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday weekend and has a great week this week. Until next time, happy scrappin'!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: unknown
Ink: CTMH Outdoor Denim
Stamps: Unity
Misc: Martha Stewart Glitter, Liquid Glass, Crystal Ice Stickles, button, scrapper's floss, chipboard letters.

7 comments:

scubasubie said...

OOOO Me like!!! I love how your name stand out and sparkles! That's a great idea making a notebook for yourself .... I might have to try that!

Tami said...

WTG Do something for yourself:) I like it.

Traci said...

Beautiful! I love how your name sparkles and that paper is so pretty!

Cassie_lu said...

what a great gift to yourself and the quote is a fav of mine too

gale said...

Beautiful notebook! It's good to make something for yourself once in a while.

The Mama Monkey said...

Hey Jenn...so I apologize, I thought I had you on my Google Reader and I think I did not. :( You are added for sure now!!

This is darling! Don't you hate that when you love a paper and then cannot find it again?! I love the look of the patterns on it. Great journal!!

Naomi said...

It's always nice to make yourself something! This looks great!