Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Matchbox Advent Calendar

I have to say right off how grateful I am Pam (otherwise known as Pammie Whammie in CTMH circles) for e-mailing me pictures of the advent calendar that she had created. I take no credit whatsoever for the original idea. I am just really good at copying. :-) This is a rather easy project but a bit tedious at points. I think the most tedious part was stamping all of the numbers. I am teaching a class on this in October, and I may try to do computer generated numbers that can be punched out just to simplify things. Lazy aren't I?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH Hollydays
Stamps: CTMH Christmas Melodies, December Word Puzzle, Typewriter Alpha, Chocolate Alpha, Doodle Alpha, No Peeking, Homestead Alpha, Shining Star
Inks: CTMH Holiday Red, Clover Meadow
Misc. Matchboxes, Cookie Sheet, ribbon, glitter, sparkles, buttons, scrapper's floss
, magnets, E6000 adhesive.

10 comments:

gale said...

What a neat advent calendar! Great job!!

Carla said...

This is fabulous!! Love it!

scubasubie said...

I just realized you are in Idaho too!!! Where are you? Boise? BTW love your advent calendar, I miss having one at Christmas. I always had such a hard time not eating the chocolate before the correct day :)

jennifer said...

How cute is this?! It's such a fun, unique advent calendar. You did a beautiful job on it!

CathyRose said...

Totally cute! I have always love Advent calendars. So much fun to count down the days to Christmas.
Great job on this!

Louise Forsyth said...

This is FANTASTIC! OMG the amount of work that you have put into this is phenomenal. So inspiring.

scrappinmominky said...

what a cute calendar. I may have to case it it is so darling. My kids would locve it. The only problem is I would either have to make 5 (one for each) or use boxes big enough for 5 pieces of candy.

Traci said...

Cute calendar! Looks like it was a lot of work!

Naomi said...

Ooh! I have a new cookie sheet that I had plans for but never got around to using. I may have to make an Advent Calendar for my girls this year with it! It does look like a lot of work, but it turned out great!

Sherry said...

It looks great, so worth all the effort you put in.