Monday, September 21, 2009

Simple Notebook

Sorry I was MIA for most of last week. It has been super crazy around our house. I've been working on other projects that aren't paper related (imagine that!), as well as attending kid's sporting events, and all the other stuff it takes to keep the household running. This morning I made 16 cups worth of peach freezer jam. I should've bought more pectin - I could've made at least 8 cups more. :) If we're lucky it'll last us till Christmas. I have no illusions of it lasting through the winter. LOL The strawberry freezer jam I made earlier this summer - about 12 cups worth - is already gone! I think I'll make a homemade peach cobbler with some of the leftover peaches tonight, and then freeze the remainder. Later this week I'll post pics of some of the non-paper related crafts I've been working on. :)

I bought quite a few of these little spiral bound notebooks in the dollar spot at Michael's a while back. I normally don't buy notebooks from there to alter, but unlike most of the others I see there, these have a plain kraft cardstock color background with only a printed monogram in the center. That makes them super easy to alter. I'm all about keepin' it easy. LOL
Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: K & Company Gypsy Baby Paper Pad, CTMH Vanilla Cream CS
Stamps: Unity
Ink: Staz-On Timber Brown
Misc: Martha Stewart Glitter, Liquid Glass, CTMH Garden Green Organdy Ribbon, Light Blue Organdy Ribbon from Dollar Tree, Buttons from my stash.

5 comments:

Louise Forsyth said...

Totally cute... I agree about keeping it easy.

scubasubie said...

Great notebook. I've been meaning to make one of my homework notebooks a little less drab.... but who knows when I will get around to that.

scrappinmominky said...

Very cute. Love the sentiment that you used.

gale said...

That is gorgeous. I'll have to look for those at Target. Love the quote.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful! I love the paper and the image goes perfect with it! I think we live in the same house, btw!! LOL If only life revolved around papercrafts!