Monday, October 26, 2009

Pink Christmas???

Last week I taught a class at church on how to make the matchbox advent calendar that I had posted recently. I called everyone in advance to find out what their color preferences were before I pre-cut all of the papers and stamped images (to save time during class). One person requested that I use papers in pinks, cream, and silver. I've heard of decorating in pink and silver before, but never really gave it much thought or seen too many homes decorated in those colors. I was a bit skeptical as to how it would turn out, and was very pleasantly surprised when I was done with it (I ended up making it for her because she couldn't make it to the class). I'd love to know what you think. Does anyone else decorate in colors other than the traditional red and green? Yeah, I know, I'm nosy, I mean curious. LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: MME, Bazill, K & Company
Inks: Hollyhock, Blush, Grey Wool (all CTMH)
Stamps: Chocolate Alpha (small), Homestead Alpha, No Peeking, Shining Star, Christmas Melodies, Typewriter Alpha, December Word Puzzle (all CTMH)
Misc: Glitter, ribbon, Liquid glass, self adhesive sparkles, circle punches, scalloped square & oval from SU.

10 comments:

Carla said...

Fabulous calendar Jenn!!
I'm a traditionalist - all red, green & gold for me - - but love what you acheived here with these non-tradtitional colours!! So pretty!

scubasubie said...

I love the pink calendar! Very cool.

Cassie_lu said...

You did a FAB job with the color choices. I was skeptical about using pink for Christmas too, but have now done a few Christmas cards that way and I really like the outcome - something different

Sarah said...

This is great Jenn!!!I adore that color combo it totally works.

Louise Forsyth said...

This looks fabulous (yes you got the WHOLE word it's that great) I LOVE pink and it looks awesome with the silver. Last year I decorated with Silver, Purple and light Blue, looked pretty good.

Naomi said...

Ok, these pink and silver totally WORK! Or maybe it's just your talent. I have to see, this is the best calendar I have ever seen! GORGEOUS!!!

I don't do traditional Christmas myself, well slightly I guess. I do silver and deep burgundy. Don't get me wrong, red is my fave color, but to me at Christmas bright is tacky. Jim tells me that's the point...LOL! The girls get their own tree, and they make/buy for it with colored lights and everything, other than that and our snowman collection on the bar, it's all silver, deep burgundy with gorgeous silk flowers in the tree...So pretty!

scrappinmominky said...

This is very pretty. I have a family hodgepodge tree but if I had room I would have another tree that was pink and silver. Someday maybe but my house is full of kids right now so no room for two trees. Love this calendar.

gale said...

I love a pink christmas-this is just gorgeous!! I keep wanting to make something like this but never get around to it.

Carolyn Christie said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the colors! I'll bet she loved it!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love your pink Christmas! This is just beautiful!! I love non-traditional colors as well. In fact, I made some orange cards this year! :)