Saturday, October 31, 2009

Vintage Altered Composition Books

I found the papers for these at my LSS and just fell in love with them. I do believe I will have to go back and buy some more of it since I only bought one sheet of each design to see how well it would look when used on a project. Needless to say after using these papers, I want MORE!!!!! I kept the embellishments quite simple, not wanting to detract from the paper itself. The 3rd and 6th books are actually pieced together with scraps from making the other four books. I was quite pleased with how they turned out. My daughter ended up with the one with the copper bookplate with the ad inside of it (covered in liquid glass to look like a picture frame). I think that ultimately ended up being my favorite one. :) Hope you enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: Graphic 45 papers, Bazzil Cardstock
Inks: Antique Linen Distress Ink
Stamps: None
Misc: Bazzill and Prima Flowers, misc brads, antique copper bookplate & brads, Liquid Glass, Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat

3 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

you did a great job with the vintage feel of those papers

Naomi said...

MY fave is the one with the car and all the different squares under it. I love the vintage vibe from these papers, you were right not to detract from them! These are great, I love them!

gale said...

These are so cute-what a great idea.