Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas gift for my mother-in-law

My mother-in-law doesn't particularly care for computers, so I know I can safely publish these pics before Christmas and not have a problem. :) The other gifts I've made however will have to wait. LOL She doesn't have a dedicated sewing area to work in, so all of us kids are getting together and pitching in to create one for her. This is my contribution to creative storage for a small space. It is a 14"x14" stretched artist canvas that I painted silver. Then I mod-podged a piece of SU paper to a 12"x12" metal sheet. I glued the metal sheet to the canvas and then embellished with ribbon, buttons, and flowers. I used E-6000 to attach magnets to the back of the clear plastic storage cases that I purchased in the bead area of the craft store. The cool thing about these containers is that the compartments are various sizes, so she should be able to store a wide range of small notions in them. :) I most likely won't be updating again until after Christmas, quite possibly New Year's. So I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year! May the Lord be with you and bless you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

scrappinmominky said...

Very cute. I'm sure she will love it. Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year.

gale said...

Wow that is really cool! She will love it, I bet.

CathyRose said...

What a great gift! Very pretty and so useful! Hope you are having a great holiday!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh how cute! I bet she loved it!! I am laughing, though. My MIL is so good on the computer and actually tell me when I have not updated my blog!! :) She is so fun!

Naomi said...

That's a good idea!