Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Game Box

I created this game box for my nieces & nephews to play with on rainy days. I used a scrapbook storage box I purchased at my LSS, and decorated a piece of foam core board into a checkerboard and then glued it down into the recessed area of the lid. The checkers are made from the clear glass gems that are so popular for crafts right now. I also used lots and lots of mod-podge! LOL Hopefully it will hold up well. Inside are an assortment of card games, a box of dominoes, and a tic-tac-toe set I made. I sure hope they like it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, CTMH Good Times Paper Pack, white cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Dream Big
Inks: CTMH Chocolate, Sweet Leaf, Twilight
Misc: Mod-Podge, circle punch, foam core board, glass gems, scrapbook storage box.

4 comments:

Louise Forsyth said...

This is fantastic!!!! I love the checker board with the gem peices, totally cute.

Cassie_lu said...

what a fantastic idea and yours turned out so well

gale said...

What a neat box. I love those images-I may have to look for a demo and get that set.

scrappinmominky said...

Wow, this is awesome!! Great idea and looks so cute.