Saturday, January 30, 2010

Decorated Box & Coordinating Card Set

I've had this project sitting on my desk all week ready to share with you and have just not gotten around to it. I have had the headache from $%&# all week long that just doesn't want to go away. I even went and chopped off my hair yesterday. I had five inches cut off. While my headache didn't go away because of it, the pain I was having in my neck was amazingly better. I couldn't believe just how heavy my hair was. I know there are many women who would love to have my thick, fast growing hair, but wow it can quite literally be such a pain at times! LOL In spite of the pain I've been in this week, I am in amazingly good spirits. It's been a really good week - headache notwithstanding - and I find myself being incredibly grateful for the many blessings in my life.

I made this set for a good friend for her birthday tomorrow. She is always ordering stuff from me, so I thought I'd surprise her with a set of cards she doesn't have to pay me for. :) She loves handmade items but doesn't want to do it herself. I got the directions for the bow from Naomi, and she is right, I can totally see how they'd be addicting to make. I probably should've used a smaller bow for the box, but it was so fun to make and see how it turned out. I'll just have to make sure and do a smaller one on the next Ipod box I decorate. ;) Oh, this project was also supply friendly....I used 1 sheet of dsp + a couple of scraps, and 3 sheets of cs (1 of each color). That was for the bow, box, and the cards (1 dozen). I love it when I can do a project with so little. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (SU), Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, and Melon Mambo CS (SU)
Inks: Rich Razzleberry (SU), Melon Mambo (SU), Honey (CTMH), Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: SU A Flower For All Seasons
Misc: EK Success Border Punch, SU Markers, Prismacolor Markers, Ribbon, Liquid Glass, Dew Drops

8 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful work

CathyRose said...

Beautiful gift, she will love it!

Dawn said...

how pretty! I love that little stamp set and I really like the colors that you used. so pretty!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

What a great gift set! I am sure she loved it!

Sorry your HA is not better...but what a fun way to lose some weight! ;)

gale said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous!! I love that bow-I'll have to check out Naomi's blog and learn how to make it.

Louise said...

These are adorable.... love this set and you have made awesome cards with it.

jennifer said...

It's all so, so pretty! Love how your bow turned out! Sorry to hear you've been dealing with such a terrible headache, that's aweful. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Naomi said...

Wow, these are great! Your bow turned out beautifully! I am glad you liked making it! I have fun with them, but think I have finally moved on to something else for a while. I am sure I will be back to them, they are fun!