Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Magnetic Noteboard

I used the same basic supplies for this project as I did for the Christmas gift I made for my mother-in-law. It is a 14"x14" canvas that I painted all around the edges and let dry. Then I mod-podged a piece of patterned paper to a 12"x12" piece of metal (also purchased at the same craft store). The decorated metal was then glued to the canvas using E-6000 craft glue.

I won't be using this one to store scrappin' supplies, but it will hang upstairs on the door that leads out into our garage. I am in the process of making some magnets for it that will have each our names on them as well as some with chores listed on them. We will be using it as a chore chart of sorts. I can rearrange the chores to go with whichever name they will go to for that day. For example, the kids take turns unloading the dishwasher. It is a simple rotation that simple goes from youngest to oldest and then starts over again. If we've eaten out or I've gotten behind on doing dishes, I will sometimes forget whose turn it is to unload the dishwasher and the kids aren't always too anxious to volunteer this info either. LOL So I'll have the kids (or I'll do it) move the magnet for "unload dishwasher" under the name of whoever is supposed to do it next. Hopefully it'll keep us all on track and the kids can look at this to know what they need to do rather than me having to remind them a bazillion times. (you can stop snickering now....a girl can dream, can't she?)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: Scenic Route Paper
Ink: CTMH Chocolate
Misc: stickles, asst. gems, mod-podge, liquid glass, craft paint, E-6000 glue, Prima Flowers, buttons, scrapper's floss.

4 comments:

scubasubie said...

OoooOOoooo!! I like it! You did a really nice job.

gale said...

This is so cute! Love that bird.

The Mama Monkey said...

Great idea and simply gorgeous!! Love your added bling!

Naomi said...

Oh, now that is cool! Looks great, and it's a fab idea for organizing the kids chores!