Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mojo Monday 120

Yet another covered junior legal pad. One of my friends that I gave one to asked me make some for her to give as gifts. This is the first one of five that I have made (or will make) for her. :) I decided to give this week's Mojo Monday sketch a try. It's a great sketch and was lots of fun to work on. I realized after I had my image all colored in and the ribbon adhered, that I really should've used ribbon with more green than blue in it. Oh well c'est la vie. Other than that, I just love how it turned out. Like I've said in the past....decorating these notepads are an absolute breeze & just like designing a card since they measure 5"x8". Oh and the new Martha Stewart Scoring Board I got for Christmas makes these even easier to make. I am loving the new scoring board!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's a little hard to tell, but there is a bit of glossy accents on her eyeglasses and stickles on the flower on her hat. The scalloped circle is pop dotted. The patterned paper with the birds & leaves is actually the backside of the main patterned paper. The brown that is under the red is also from the backside as well.

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: We R Memory Keepers (White Out Collection - Nonsense - Splish Splash), Bazzil CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Tulip & Chocolate
Stamps: Inkadinkado Humorous Birthday
Misc: Ribbon, brads, DMC Floss, EK Success Border Punch, Glossy Accents, Stickles
, Cricut, Prismacolor Markers

4 comments:

gale said...

I love it! It's so cute. The stitching looks amazing.

Traci said...

Love it! Love all the layering you did!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the colors and ribbon on this!

Naomi said...

Clever to use a sketch on something other than a card. I have seen a few people use this sketch, and I must play, it's a great one! Very nice pad!