Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's for my youngest daughter...

What a bittersweet Valentine's Day this year. My youngest daughter is turning 12 this year and is in the 6th grade. So this is her last year of exchanging Valentine's at school. I needed to keep these simple due to time constraints (meaning I waited till the last minute!). LOL I'm not sure when it became popular to bring treats or candy instead of just a valentine, but I finally gave in a did treats. Inside each little package is a package of fruit snacks, held in place with a glue dot. And actually while I threw the design of these together (kept incredibly simple because I'm sure the kids will eat the fruit snack and throw the valentine away), my 16 year old daughter gets full credit for making all 25 of them!

Photobucket

Then for my daughter's teachers, I threw together these candy bars. I kept them simple as well....but she said her teachers loved them. :) The stamps I used for these projects are from Studio G. They are wood mounted and I found them in the dollar bin at Porter's.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Louise said...

Totally cute Jenn, love the papers on the candy bars and the images are totally cute.

CathyRose said...

Very cute valentines, Jenn!

The Mama Monkey said...

I especially love the covered candy bars!! YUMMY!

gale said...

Wow-you and your dd did a great job on all of these!!

Naomi said...

HEhehe....I had to make treat Valentine's with my daughter, too. We just made lollipop covers and she did most of the work. Your treats turned out great, especially considering the 'time' issue...LOL! the candy bars are FAB!