Saturday, March 6, 2010

Altered Composition Book - No Stamping Required

*Gasp* Yes, you read that right....no stamping required. In a hurry but need a super quick gift??? Well then this is the project for you. :)

Photobucket
I couldn't get it photographed quite right, but in the next two pics, you can see that I added glitter glue to the white stripes of the paper as well as to the brad in the center of the flowers. Crystal Ice Stickles is my absolute favorite, but not only am I all out of it, both of the stores that sell it here locally are out of it as well. Bummer! So I used some Studio G glitter glue that I found in the dollar bin at my LSS. It is made by Hampton Art which is a name I recognized and figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try. The tip of the bottle is not as fine as stickles but for the price, it really doesn't work half bad. I actually really like that it dries flatter than stickles does. So if you are on a really tight budget, give it a try. It comes in lots of different colors. I used it to dress up my paper because I refuse to pay $2 a sheet for pre-glittered paper. I'm just cheap like that. LOL
Photobucket
If you have the time, my favorite way to add glitter to brads is to put a little puddle of glossy accents on a piece of scrap paper and have a container of glitter ready. I dip my brad in the glossy accents and make sure the entire surface of the front of the brad is covered and then dip it into the glitter and set it aside to dry. Once dry, I dip it in glossy accents again to seal the glitter in. They turn out beautiful every time and it really saves the budget.

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: TAC Mabelle RO
Inks: CTMH Crystal Blue & Citrus Leaf, SU Melon Mambo
Misc: eyelets, ribbon, Studio G glitter glue, Prima Flowers, brad

4 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's gorgeous! I love the bright colours! and how you added the glitter to your paper.
Thanks for the tip about glittering up your brads! That's something that I haven't tried yet! - I will now!
Hugs
Nicola

Dawn said...

this is lovely and I love the glittery brad tip as well... what a grand idea!

CathyRose said...

Love the tip for the glittered brads. I will certainly have to try that. The comp book is so pretty!

gale said...

Gorgeous!! I can't wait to try that brad tip-thanks!