Monday, March 29, 2010

Alternative Birthday Present for Girls of Any Age :)

Sorry to have been MIA for so long. Last Monday I came down with a nasty sinus infection that took me down all week. I recovered (mostly) just in time to throw a few things together for a craft show on Saturday! I wanted to post this on Saturday but was simply too exhausted!

My 13 year old daughter was invited to a birthday party a week and a half ago. I have long since given up on trying to figure out what to buy for my kid's friends when birthday parties come up as they inevitably do. I have started making these altered composition books for their friends rather than buying something that they may or may not want or like. I've discovered that their friends LOVE these books, which is great for me since they are so easy and economical to put together.

I had a really crazy busy day that Friday, and ended up with less than 20 minutes to throw together a gift. Her friend's favorite colors are blue & green and she isn't overly girly and into the frills and what not. And of course my time constraint kept me from adding a ton of frills and glitter. ;)

Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: SU Sweet Pea DSP Stack, CTMH Buttercup Cardstock
Stamps: SU God's Beauty, CTMH One of A Kind
Inks: SU Tempting Turquoise, CTMH Buttercup
Misc: Prima Flowers, CTMH Baby Pink Bigger Brad

1 comment:

gale said...

These are so cute! Love the soft colors. Any girl would love these books.