Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birthday Cards

I made these for a customer who needed lots of birthday cards on a budget...but also wanted something cute and more unique that what you can get at the store. Because she needed them right away, I used the same basic design for all of them, varying the papers and the stamps. I didn't used ribbon or bulky embellishments so that postage costs would stay down. So I kept with a little bit of stickles & glossy accents for the embellishment on these. The card bases are actually ones that I bought on clearance and were well worth what I paid for them. I just love the cute punched edge - especially since I didn't have to hand punch each one! LOL Each card actually was preprinted with "thank you" on the front, but I conveniently covered that up with cardstock & paper. :)

Deb asked me how I post slide shows on my blog...I use photobucket for any photos that I intend to put on my blog. Rather than using Picasa to edit them, I upload them to photobucket and then crop and add copyright info. Photobucket has some great editing tools, including easy peasy slideshows. Enjoy!



Supplies used:
Papers: CTMH Animal Cookies Creative Basics & Boom Di Ada Creative Basics, Making Memories, AC Tea Party Paper Pack, CTMH CS (Buttercup, Hollyhock, Tulip, Sunflower, Heavenly Blue).
Stamps: Inkadinkado Humorous Birthday, TAC (unsure of names - large cupcake & bucket of flowers), Studio G (cupcake pyramid).
Inks: CTMH (Olive, Buttercup, Hollyhock, Tulip, Sunflower, Dutch Blue, Citrus Leaf, Heavenly Blue), Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Stickles, Glossy Accents, Liquid Pearl, Prismacolor, Bic, Copic, and SU markers.

3 comments:

gale said...

great cards! I could only see 2 and then it froze up but they look awesome!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

They are super cute!
Im loving the cute images and the fact that the cards already had a punched edge! fabulous!
Hugs
Nicola

Naomi said...

Glad to see other people often do loads of simple cards when they are running low! These are adorable! I generally keep them simpler when mailing, too, for cost. Love them! The slideshow is great!