Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good Things in Small Packages...

Who says bigger is better? In this case, small packs a lot of punch. I fell in love with the "Well Rounded" pattern on page 27 of the Wishes book from Close to My Heart. Only after I had chosen my papers did I realize it was for a smaller card. I don't usually make cards this small, so I tossed the first card base I had cut and cut another one, adding an extra inch that folded to the inside to create a gift card holder. DH absolutely fell in love with it, and said he wished that all gift card holders were this pretty. LOL He said that when he was buying a gift card last Christmas for his Aunt that he hated all of the gift card holders/tins that the store had to offer. Boy does he know how to earn extra brownie points or what? LOL All products are from CTMH.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't my library card lovely? It's the only card I had handy for picture taking. :-D

Supplies Used:
Papers: Veranda Level 2 Paper Pack
Stamps: One of A Kind
Inks: Juniper & Creme Brulee
Misc: Prisma Glitter, Liquid Glass, Clear Embossing Powder, Just Blooms Spring Blossom Creme Brulee Flower

5 comments:

Martha said...

oh how pretty, what great card

CathyRose said...

Wow, that really is so pretty!

gale said...

Well it's gorgeous. I can see why your dh was impressed!

Cheryl Even said...

Great job, Jenn. I love it when mistakes can be transformed into something special. I have to tell you, though, my mind was racing when I saw the library card: does her library charge to borrow books? Do they have a library store? Thanks for clarifying!

Naomi said...

This is pretty! And compared to my library card, yours is beautiful! Here in Youngsville, NC, the library cards are lacking! LOL!