Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Forever Card

I found out earlier this week that my favorite craft store here in town is closing down. That's three craft/scrapbooking stores closed down in less than 2 years! Due to the lack of options for shopping locally, I made the plunge and signed back up with Close to My Heart! I am very excited to be back with them again. I had already decided not to do anymore craft shows (as a crafter) and therefore it will be quite easy not to break their rules when it comes to doing shows. :) I feel almost as if the cosmos have aligned to make it all possible. LOL Anyways, part of CTMH's special this month for new consultants is that if you sign up during the month of March you get all four of the Stamps of The Month for the upcoming Summer Idea Book for FREE! Yep, you read that right, four not even released stamp sets for free! It doesn't get much better than that! Anyways, I had fun making this card. It was a challenge at first. I just couldn't see using Olive with Key Lime, but alas both colors are in this week's Color Me Monday challenge. I used prismacolor pencils and baby oil for blending to color this cute little guy in. I can tell I am going to have a LOT of fun with this stamp set. :)

Photobucket

Supplies Used: All CTMH unless otherwise specified.
Papers: Creme Brulee, Key Lime, Heavenly Blue
Stamps: Spot On Backgrounds, Happy Forever (July SOTM)
Inks: Creme Brulee, Key Lime, Heavenly Blue, Olive, Chocolate, Versamark
Misc: Just Blooms Creme Brulee Butterfly, Prismaglitter, Prismacolor Pencils, Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat

10 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very cute card. This is the first that I've seen someone use one of the new SOTM. Thanks for sharing. :)

gale said...

Congrats on your new endeavor!! The card is so cute-CTMH has so many cute stamps.

Traci said...

How cute! I love that image!

Martha said...

just adorable, what a cutie

Louise said...

Awwww, cute card, the little hedgehog is adorable.

Lela said...

Very cute card! I like that SOTM also!

Cheryl Even said...

Wow, you are a coloring whiz! The stamp is cute, but you took it to a whole new level. Great job.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Ooooooh! This is adorable!

The Mama Monkey said...

So sad that we are losing so many local stores, isn't it? I am so glad that you made lemons into lemonade however!! Love your hedgehog!! Best of luck with the business!

Cassie_lu said...

cute card