Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hippo Easter?

A friend hired me to make some cards for her. In the batch of cards I sent to her was this one for a very special little girl...her three year old niece, Brooklyn. Brooklyn has a fixation right now with the color blue and hippos. LOL I confess I had a little trouble at first figuring out to what to do and how on earth I was going to combine the color blue and a hippo into an Easter card per her request. LOL I texted her and asked what Brooklyn's second favorite color was and got the reply "red was her favorite color before blue". Aaahhh the simple pleasures of being three. It just made me smile.

Anyways, this is what I came up with. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out if I do say so myself. ;)

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: DCWV, MME, CTMH Tulip CS
Stamps: CTMH Life's A Jungle, CTMH Eastertime
Inks: CTMH Tulip & Crystal Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Clear embossing powder, Glossy accents, Doodlebug Lily White Jewels, googly eyes

8 comments:

Martha said...

how cute! :)

Dawn said...

this card is darling and I LOVE the color combo!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love the colors and the heat embossing! That adds such dimension to your card. Well done!

Naomi said...

Very cute!

Cheryl Even said...

Easter hippos - who woulda thunk? Looking great!

CathyRose said...

Oh, this is just darling!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the center panel how you did the sentiment!! Very cute!

gale said...

So cute-Eastery blue is perfect for a hippo!