Monday, March 1, 2010

Keepsake Box

Yep, another decorated Ipod box. LOL I only two left and am starting to get a bit stingy with them. :) For those of you that don't know, I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...otherwise known as LDS or "Mormon". While I am not the most eloquent at explaining things, here is a website that can do so perfectly. Here is another website to look at that specifically explains all about temples. Why the subject of religion and temples you ask? Well this little keepsake box holds memorabilia related to the temple. When a new temple is opened, there is an open house that anyone may attend (including those who are not of the LDS faith). Once the open house is over with, the temple is dedicated to the Lord for use by faithful latter-day saints. My husband and I and some of our children have attended several of these dedication ceremonies over the years. Cameras are not allowed inside the temple, therefore I do not have pictures of these events. I might have a pic or two of the outside of the temple, but nothing really to focus a layout around. I got to thinking that these little boxes would be perfect for holding small things that I wanted to keep because they're important but didn't want to make a page out of them. I may eventually create a mini-album or journal of some sort to put inside my box, but for now it just simply holds a few things that are near and dear to my heart. Sorry for my rambling...now onto the artwork. :)

Photobucket
The cardstock I used was just sitting around in my stash...not even full sheets....so I have no idea what company it is from. The flower is from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby brand), the flower sparkle is from the crafts store. The picture I used is the Jordan River Temple where DH and I were married in August of 2000 and remains very near and dear to my heart.

2 comments:

gale said...

That's beautiful. What a gorgeous picture.

Naomi said...

What a beautiful idea! Though we are of different faith, I absolutely LOVE your idea of honoring those memories in a special way. Great!