Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Technique Club Cards

This month we focused on the faux silk & faux suede techniques. My ladies had a lot of fun with them and are looking forward to practicing them on their own. :)

For this first card, I decided on a design and paper pack and cut all of my papers only to realize that I didn't have the right color re-inker for the faux suede. Boy was I irritated with myself. So the blue doesn't match quite as well as I would like it to, but they loved it. :)

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH You Rock level 2 paper pack
Stamps: CTMH Star Power
Inks: CTMH Olive, Sunflower and Outdoor Denim
Misc: CTMH Outdoor Denim eyelets, Liquid Applique & Re-inker


The next two cards use the faux silk technique.

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH Cocoa, Buttercup, Blush, and White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Happy Birthday, Delight in Everything, and Paisley Praise
Inks: CTMH White Daisy, Blush, Buttercup, and Cocoa
Misc: Glossy Accents, Stickles, and ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat


Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH Topstitch level 2 paper pack, Crystal Blue cardstock, chocolate cardstock
Stamps: CTMH Piece of Cake
Inks: CTMH Crystal Blue, Chocolate
Misc. Stickles

4 comments:

CathyRose said...

Your technique club cards look great!
I particularly love the faux suede, that is so easy and fun to do.

gale said...

These came out so great! I love the middle one-the colors look great together.

Naomi said...

These are great! I have done both of these techniques for club, Faux Silk was 2 years ago, and it was a hit!!! It's my fave because it is ridiculous easy, and a carefully picked image can look so elegant with it! I bet they loved these cards!

TraceyJean said...

Your cards look great. I gotta go learn these techniques.