Sunday, March 7, 2010

Treasure Life Card

I made this card for my grandmother. I haven't written her a letter in ages and thought I'd make a card for her and hopefully brighten her day a little. :) I used the faux silk technique on the stamped background. It doesn't show up too well in the pic though. It's a fun technique and adds just a little something extra to the background. You can find a tutorial on it here over at Splitcoaststampers.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH Tulip, Sorbet, and White Daisy Cardstock
Stamp Sets: CTMH Treasure Life
Inks: CTMH Tulip, Sorbet, Juniper
Misc: Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat

10 comments:

Sally T. said...

Gorgeous card!

CathyRose said...

This is so pretty. I know your Grandmother will love it. The technique was a great addition.

Martha said...

ahh how cute!

gale said...

Gorgeous card. I love those colors together-very pretty.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's so pretty! she will love it!

Louise said...

Wow, this is lovely!! Pretty colours and great layout too.

The Mama Monkey said...

Hey Jan! I am back now! Making the rounds and trying to get caught up.

Love the colors on this card and that background stamping is beautiful!

Sheila Bennett said...

Your card turned out beautiful. The colors and images were a great choice for the faux silk technique.

Naomi said...

This is lovely. Your grandmother will love it! The Faux Silk is probably in my Top 5 Techniques! Gorgeous!

Amy said...

Oooh oooh ooh, love that color combo!

--Amy (SCS: g33kgr1)