Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday Cake w/Matching Box

The weekly inkling tutorial over at SCS this week is for a tealight cake. I thought it was a super cute idea and I just happened to have a few of these little tealight candles on hand that I had no clue what I was going to do with them. I also needed a little something for a friend who has a birthday today. :) It was super easy and lots of fun to make. Of course, I just had to do a matching box for the cake to go in. But hey, the only thing better than cake is non-fattening cake! LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket
Supplies Used:
Papers: CTMH Unforgettable, Colonial White Cardstock
Inks: CTMH Cocoa & Sorbet
Stamps: SU Vintage Labels
Misc: Ivory Satin Ribbon, SU Scalloped Circle Punch, CTMH Stardust Glitz, CTMH White Daisy Bloom, Prima Flowers, CTMH Colonial White Brads, Studio G Glitter Glue, Tealight Candle, Box (saved from a wedding favor)

7 comments:

CathyRose said...

Oh my goodness, my granddaughter would love that. Her birthday is coming up in May and I have some of those tea lights too. Could you tell me the measurements of the box? It is just adorable!!

Martha said...

so adorable!

pweaks said...

this is so cute! I'm going to try this also. I have some tea lights that get no use...

Traci said...

This are too cute! What a fun gift!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh! That is adorable!!

gale said...

Wow, that is so cute!! Great idea-I have tons of tealights that could use some cuteness.

Naomi said...

Love this! I need to try one!